Friday, May 11, 2007

Silly Face YB

Yesterday was one of those days that just flew by me. I was so busy and constantly moving, with a headache that wouldn't go away no matter what drugs I popped. Now today I'm trying to remember what I did. Ha ha! Anyone else ever have that happen? It is all a blur now. Lucky for me I have a little sticky pad thing I carry with me to write down reminders. Otherwise I'd just be here wondering wtf I need to finish today. My memory is like that sometimes. Especially yesterday because I wasn't feeling real great.

I would like to take a second right here to thank whoever it was who invented the sticky pads/notes. Good job! They are a lifesaver sometimes.

This morning has been weird. Nicci woke up in a foul mood, bitching and complaining about everything. One of those moods where she finds little, tiny things to attack me about and make them into big, giant issues. I weathered the storm this morning by laughing at every chance. (When she wasn't looking, of course). I knew she was just grumpy and didn't mean anything. So it amused me a lot. I acted serious when I was near her but when my back was turned I was cracking up. People who fly off the handle for no reason can really be amusing sometimes. By the time I left for work she was all sweet and normal again. Chalk it up to PMS, she said. lol

At Starbuck's on Wednesday someone ordered something and specified that it had to be 180 degrees F. Who orders something like that? And how hard is it to make sure the temperature is right? I smiled when I heard it and the woman next to me shrugged. I laughed and said "How do they know the temp. is OK? Next time I'm here I'm ordering something to be 162.5 degrees F. We'll see what happens." She just laughed. So this morning, guess what I did? Yep, I went in and ordered a latte and specified it to be 162.5 degrees. The girl looked at me and just cracked up. When she called to the other girl to make it the second one walked over to make sure she heard right. Then she laughed and walked away.

While I was waiting the lady from Wednesday came in. I told her I ordered it for 162.5 and she wouldn't believe me. Then the girls behind the counter backed me up when they heard us talking. They said they knew I was joking about it. They said some people are so adamant about temperature that they have accurate thermometers in the milk to make sure what temp. it is. So I asked how they knew I wasn't serious and they told me I have a silly face and they knew better. Huh?

Now I'm silly face YB. Thats pretty funny to me.

Last night I got another call at home about troubles at work. I made the mistake of helping too many people out and now I get calls for help from departments that I don't even work in. Last night I just told them who to contact to get the fix-up job they need. I wasn't driving all the way back again. So this morning I see the problem was handled just fine by the person I told them to call. I'm thinking I need to change my number now. I don't like calls like that. Mostly because I feel responsible even if it's not my problem. *sigh*

Today will be an early leaving day. I have a hairdo this afternoon. Those who know me already know that its about a 10 minute job to trim my bean. Then I'm free for most of the evening. I love evenings alone. Tonight Nicci is going to take prom pics of her son and his girl. I get to skip that stuff. Coolness. I am lucky with that kind of thing. So I have that to look forward to.

Right now its time for coffee with the Jersey Girl. The day is going just fine so far. :)

No comments: