Monday, May 07, 2007

Totally Ridiculous

Clemens to make about $4.5 million per month (story link)

I swear, this deal is so ridiculous that I want to puke. 4.5 million per month? Unreal.

Clemens is 44 years old. He is coming back from the N.L., ie: not the high scoring A.L. He has pretended to retire twice now and gone back on his word. I just don't get why they are spending this much money on him.

We do need pitching. Badly. But how reliable will this old guy be? Plus, how many times will a guy screw you over before you learn your lesson?

Personal opinions? Ok, he is not a Yankee. He is still a red sux guy in my mind. He is following his buddy Pettitte all around which makes me feel like he's weird or something. He's a bum.

I wish we'd spend money on future, long term pitching. Is winning the Series this important? I'm not so sure. A one shot deal rarely ever works out right. Somehow they (Cashman and Steinbrenner) can't remember why the Yanks won so much from 1996 to 2003. Invest in the farm you win a lot more.

Clemens is no Yankee. He does not deserve to wear the pinstripes. These days, I think neither Cashman nor Steinbrenner do either.

No comments: