Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Smile For Me

The most beautiful woman in the world works here.

OK, that may not be the truth but there is a woman who works here that is pretty darn close to the most beautiful woman I've ever met. She may be exactly that but I just don't remember all the women I've ever met so I can't say that with all honesty.

Anyway, she was in my area today. This is a rare thing. I do see her about 2 times a week when I go to the building where she works. I like seeing her (for the obvious reasons I stated above) but the thing I've noticed is that she never smiles. As a matter of fact, she always looks very intense. Not grumpy. Not mean nor annoyed nor stuck up. Just intense. Icy, focused and totally intense.

I noticed that again today and I had the urge to tell her my observation. I wanted to walk up to her and say, "Hey, you know something? You are probably the most attractive woman I've ever met but you always look so intense. What gives?"

But just as soon as the urge hit me I envisioned her smacking me hard in the side of the head, kicking me in the groin and then spitting on me as she walked away. Then I envisioned her saying as she exited the room where she just trashed yours truly, "That’s what gives butthead. Any more questions?"

Then I look up and she is smiling.

It's a really nice smile but in my mind, it wasn't worth the pain to see it.

So I think I'll wait for something other than my abused, crushed form lying on the floor at her feet to make her smile.

No comments: