Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pigging Out Is Working Out

Nicci and I went out to the little cafe for dinner last night. In the booth behind us were three big women. I really mean BIG women when I say BIG. They were whoppers.

Since I was closest to them I could hear their conversations. Actually, I believe the whole restaurant could hear them but I got the best seat. Normally this isn't anything to blog about but this time is different. They talked constantly about diets and weight. Constantly.

They complained about their weight as they sucked down giant portions of breaded shrimp. They talked about dress sizes, 14-16-18, as they slammed down huge piles of fries. They cried about the waitress being slow to refill their Pepsi glasses for the third time. They claimed to be walking every night to get exercise as they ordered double chocolate fudge and whipped cream on their dessert ice cream sundaes.

It was hilarious. Maybe thats a new exercise, pigging out.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Who do they think they are fooling? No one in the restaurant, thats for sure.

I got bored with the limited choice of Baseball games on last night (one lame choice only) so I decided to try the online game I've been playing off and on. My character is a female. A hottie for sure, but they all are. The artists do a good job of drawing the characters. So some dork starts flirting with her/me. I think he assumed I was female since my Warrior is too. He was asking me all kinds of sexual things. He started telling me he'd like to meet up and do naughty things to me. I asked him several times if he realized that it was a game and that it was a strong possibility that I wasn't a woman. He just wouldn't quit. So I blocked him from communicating with me/my girl. Freak.

What kind of loser uses an online game to try and get laid? Probably the same kind that uses blogging. I think the gamer is worse though. Wait! Maybe they are the same? Oooh.

Today I get to do my first personal evaluation. I forgot about those things. At the last job we never did any of them. I don't think I like them. More importantly, I can't believe I have been here a year already. Time really does fly.

Speaking of flying...............

2 comments:

Me said...

It would have been quite entertaining to listen to the large women at the restaurant. I'm not sure if it would have irked me or made me laugh. Maybe both.

Had to smile at you getting hit on for being a 'girl'. Welcome to our world! LOL. You can't go to the corner gas station to buy a bottle of water, or walk to the mailbox, or walk through the front office to the coffee machine without people staring at your butt and boobs, smirking, hitting on you, or making rude comments.

You got an itty bitty tiny taste of our world. Even if it was only through a game. ;)

April said...

That hurts my feelings a bit for you to think a 14 is a BIG girl.... I'm a size 14, and although I know I'm overweight (and unlike those women I am doing something about it), I don't think I'm HUGE. :P

As for people that say they diet and then continue to eat that way.... no amount of working out will ever make up for eating that much. I've learned that the hard way, and now because of health reasons I have had to alter my eating habits for the rest of my life. A small plate of fried shrimp once in a while, one Pepsi here or there, and a SMALL ice cream sundae to celebrate are good for you.... it's the whole moderation thing that "large" people have a hard time dealing with.... If eveyone could relearn that, we Americans wouldn't have the problem of being overweight.

Sorry to rant on your page, but considering I'm experiencing similar issues from a girlfriend "trying" to lose weight, it's a subject I can't talk about enough.