Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Unforseen Consequences

After hearing the country song with the line "she thinks my tractors sexy" (see May 4th post) I didn't think I could be more amazed by the genre. But I was wrong. My Jersey Girl friend told me about a song with the line "I wanna check you all over for ticks". Again, I'm not making this up. I prefer not to hear the song but you know I have to just once.

I'm going to have write a country song and post it here soon just for my friends to critique.

But you know what will happen, right? I'll write something totally assinine and publish it and suddenly I will be the next big thing in country music. That would be an unforseen consequence of my arrogant attitude toward the style. I'd end up writing and singing (badly) stuff that I would invent by thinking of the dorkiest scenarios possible. I'd think of the silliest thing to write about and make millions doing it.

Then I'd do interviews and make fun of myself and everyone who likes the music but people would still buy it anyway. They wouldn't even know that I was making fun of the whole scene. They'd think I was cute and funny.

Yep, the unforseen/unintended consequences of it all could be interesting. But I promise this, I'll never wear a cowboy hat or boots. That would be going way too far for me. :)

No comments: