Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cruising The Day Away

How do women survive? For real, the whole hormone thing gets me sometimes. Nicci was on one again this morning. Not real bad but still, kinda bad. She explained it to me that the hormones kick in before 'that time of the month', then again when its going away. Seems like a raw deal to me.

I think women got the short end of the stick here. They have all that crap to worry with. Sometimes they don't even know its happening until they say/do something to someone they can't take back. Then the crying starts.

Blame it on Eve, I guess.

Guys aren't as bad. Even though we have periods too. Don't let the macho guys BS you. We have those few days a month that we have the mood swings and stuff. But guys don't do well with the womens hormone rushes until they start to realize that it's just that time. Then they can relax and know the storm will pass. The guys who don't ever figure that out are the ones who are alone a lot. :)

Today is our big team building cruise. I'm all relaxed and casual. My Hawaiian shirt, shorts and Reeboks. I've gotten a few comments from people at work wondering how I can come to work so casual so I tell them I renewed my contract and the dress code was taken out for me. I hope someone buys that story just once.

I think that after the last cruise experience we aren't allowed to drink anymore. That was a wild time. But even if we could I don't think it would matter today. The group is a good one but not too many are serious partiers. Mostly they are conservative lame-asses.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. lol

Isn't the term "partiers" a funny one? How did drinking to excess, getting rowdy and drunk become partying? I don't think I get that.

Anyway, everyone have agreat day at work. My job today is to kick back and enjoy the day. I think I can handle that assignment. Tough job but someone has to do it.

No comments: