Monday, May 14, 2007

Broken Lottery Tickets

This was one of the better weekends I've had in a while. You'll notice that when my weekends are really good I won't be blogging much during the weekend. Then on Monday, here I am. It's kinda like sometimes you use your blog (and blog friends) for venting. But if things are good you just stick with the flow and let everyone know later that you were having a kick ass time. Who needs a support group when you have a blog, right?

That made me think of our neighbor. She is the one who had a daughter commit suicide not too long ago. Nicci went over to hang with her a bit on Saturday because she was "having a bad day". I get that. She misses her daughter. But now the grandaughter is thinking of starting a support group for people who have parents that committed suicide. I was thinking that in our little tiny town, that would be a pretty small group. Besides, those groups rarely do much but turn into BS sessions anyway. Like AA for example. Those people go in there and bitch about their day or their week and find mutual ways to justify why they fell off the wagon again. Maybe it's different in the crybaby groups. I dunno.

Nope, I'm not a fan of support groups.

So we went to Longwood Gardens (link, link, link) yesterday. I asked Nicci what she wanted to do with herself on Mother's Day and she chose that. I don't mind at all. It's an amazing place. I have lots of pics to post but that will have to wait until tonight. If you've never been there check it out. It's great (if you like gardens). I do. I especially love the big trees. They have the biggest surviving Elm there. It's my favorite spot. I don't know if it's the biggest anywhere but it's a giant one.

I took some sneaky pics while I was there. I love to see the old people cruising around on the little cart things. Like George Costanza did when he pretended to be handicapped. They look like they are racing sometimes. Those little flags on the sticks they have attached to the race carts crack me up.

I tried really hard to get a pic of this one girl we kept running into there. She was a stocky asian girl who had the most odd outfit on. Very short shorts, plaid. Black nylons. Red Chuck Taylors. A striped shirt that let her pudgy belly show out the bottom. A flowered vest and a tie. She had a tie on but the shirt had no collar. It looked like she was trying to strangle herself. To top it off she had really spikey hair, 3 colors, and some Elvis Costello black glasses. She was something. If Nicci hadn't stopped me I was going to ask her to pose for me. I'll bet she would have. :)

Today I get to give blood again. The bleeder people love me. I don't love them but it's OK. They use my blood at the hospital for newborn babies. That's what they tell me everytime so I guess I'll believe them. I'm O negative. Mean anything to anyone? Apparently I can give blood to anyone. But I can have only my type in return. I guess I'm more discerning than most people are, eh? lol

Our fabulous Scion is in the shop again. This will be the 10th time for the same problem. We have filed a complaint with Toyota about it. They are all kiss-assey but it still is annoying. 10 times! Tell me again that Japanese cars are so great. Remember the trials I had with the last Toyota? Some of you do I'm sure. I've had 2 Toyotas and they both kept me in trips to the garage bi-monthly. You can keep them. I'm going with German engineering from now on.

I'm not in the mood for this stuff today. I guess somehow I need to get motivated. When the weekend is so good, Mondays are worse than usual. But until the Lottery machine stops giving me broken tickets, I guess I'll find a way to hang with it.

I wonder how many broken lotto tickets I've thrown away in the past? Probably enough of them that had I invested the dough intead I could retire tomorrow. It feels like that anyway. These days I think the American Dream isn't the same thing it used to be. It's now simply finding a lottery ticket that isn't broken. Then comes easy street.

Thats where I'm headed. Easy Street via Lottery Boulevard. I'll let you know when I get there.

No comments: