Thursday, May 10, 2007

People Are Weird

I swear I think people are really weird sometimes. I saw someone along the road putting flowers on a tree. One of those places where someone else must have died in a car accident. Then they were taking pictures of it. They went to a lot of trouble to do it too.

I just can't understand that whole idea. WTF do people put memorials along the road where someone dies? Whats the point? Isn't that a place where you don't want to be? I've never seen anyone go to the hospital where a person dies and put flowers on the headborad of the bed they were in. Our neighbor's husband died last year of a heart attack in his truck. I don't see her putting a memorial on the steering wheel every week.

It just makes no sense to me. I'll bet this same person has a ton of flowers on the gravesite too. That makes a little more sense to me (but still seems dumb too). At least in the grave there is a residue of the person.

I don't feel anything for a person who does that 'roadside memorial' thing other than pity. They seem like lost fools to me. Imagine what kind of sad, crybaby they must be to do stuff like that. The dead person is probably better off not having to deal with their cry-baby bologna anyway.

No comments: