Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What About Bob?

Today I really wanted to call in sick. I just didn't feel like coming to work. We've all been there. It felt like a day to kick back and enjoy. But I didn't call in. So you know how long this day will end up being.

I heard someone in that hallway answering a "hello, how are you?" with a "I hate mornings." It made me think about how much I don't like things like that. You know, the automatic responses people have to situations. For example, Monday mornings everyone you meet asks how your weekend was. Tuesdays everyone "wishes it was Friday". Wednesdays people all laugh about 'hump day'. Thursdays people all give you the exasperated "This week is so long! Is it Friday yet?" Then on Friday everyone says "TGIF!" We all have automatic responses. Even me. Yes, I know thats surprising but it is true. When someone asks how I am today I usually say "All right so far." Then I'm bugged because I spoke without thinking about it. Oh well, we are all human after all.

Some of us just don't always resemble a human all the time.

Which reminds me of another thought I had this morning. I was thinking that most laywers these days aren't really human anymore. I bet God is bummed that He invented laywers. Well, no. He's probably bummed at the way humans have bastardized the profession. Yeah, thats probably it. I think most of them won't be making it into Heaven. If any lawyers are reading this, my opinion is that you should consider a change of profession. Unless you are a natural sleaze in which case, stay the course and burn. :)

Nope, I have no idea where that all came from.

There's a salesguy coming in today to chat about a new project I'm working on. He has a generic name. Just like me. If you know me you know my name is very common. Face it, Bob isn't a rare name. Exciting and exotic and sexy, yes. Rare, no.

The cool thing about the name Bob is that you can't mess it up. Spell it forward or backward it's still the same. But anyway, this guy has another of those generic names. I wonder why moms and dads do that to kids? If I had a kid I'd name them something really cool. Something with pizazz. I think that a name can predispose you to certain things in life. Bob is a bland name with little zing. So my personality being anti-everything, I am silly and goofy and full of crap most of the time. That is a way of fighting the name expectations. But a lot of Bobs are just what the name implies, bland.

Makes you wonder what a person named Hortense would end up being in life.

Tomorrow we are doing a boat trip. All the workers in my department and some of the supporters from other areas are headed out to what they call a "Team Building" day of cruising and food. It's a nice thing they do here. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if the people who hate their co-workers feel the same way though? It would be hard to socialize all day with people you don't like. Probably be better off staying at work. Luckily I work with the best group around so it should be a blast.
I'm thinking that shorts, kicks and a nice Hawaiian shirt for the day is in order. Tough work day, eh? lol

I heard some bozo last night on ESPN talking about how the Yankees are done and they should start thinking Wildcard. Makes you wonder where these so called experts get their credentials. It's freakin May dork boy. Almost 5 months of baseball left and we are supposed to give up the division already? Please.

You guys don't realize who you are talking about here. By the All-Star break we will be within shooting distance of first place, if not in sole possession of it. Then after the break the sux will have their yearly collapse and the Yanks will surge, like always. Then in Spetember we will be looking at the latest shot at a Series win again. Morons don't know Baseball. Don't know the Yankees. They should get a real job since they are totally unqualifed for the one they have.

Ok, enough musing. Gotta go do some stuff. If you read this to the end, God bless you. I'm impressed. Have a great day. :)

No comments: