Saturday, August 06, 2005

BS Friday Answer

The BS Friday story I wrote was.... wait a second, I just want to say a few words about my day. Whew! Again, I know. More moving and packing. I did get to visit my Uncle at his home for a while today. I had to. They are letting me store some stuff in their basement plus I bummed his truck and appliance dollies. (He owns a furniture store, so he has all the cool moving equipment.)

Have I mentioned that he is out of the hospital? Maybe not. It's been a very hectic month and a half. He's out, btw, and doing well. He is still weak, but recovering. After being bedridden for 41 straight days, I'd be weak too.

That tree I mentioned in the audio post had to be seen to be believed. It was the tackiest thing I have ever seen. The guy who bought it when he was leaving was super happy about it too. One worker dude was clapping him on the back and said "A great day at Goodwill today!" and he yelled back "I got what I wanted plus a whole lot more!" No, I am not making that up. How could someone be that happy about a second hand, uber ugly plastic tree?

Today I noticed that my Jeep was almost due for an oil change again. I said something about how we had been running the piss out of it and Nicci said that it would be awesome if someone invented a car that ran off of piss. Now there's a thought. Imagine the exhaust smell. Yikes! I know one thing, I would invest heavily in Beer makers and bottled water companies. Those 2 really make you have to go a lot. I'd be rich!

OK, back to the BS Friday answer; it is a true story. One of my 'less savory' evenings, to be sure, but all true nontheless. I hope I haven't disappointed anyone.

Tomorrow more moving stuff and a home cooked meal with my Aunt and Uncle. Should be a good day. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: