Saturday, August 27, 2005

Did'ya Miss Me?

Hello again all my blogger buds! Finally, I am back. It has been an experience this past week or so, lemme tell ya! I can’t wait to get back to work so I can have a break.

I know that a lot of people make that joke after being off for a while, but this time I really mean it. This past 9 days has been a blur of sleeping (short sleeps) and working. I do not want to ever go through a week like this past one.

To start with, we had 3 days of moving furniture and stuff. Then before we could unpack all the boxed stuff, we had to strip the walls downstairs, clean them and paint them with dry-lock. (2 coats) Then paint the walls and floor with 3 coats of floor paint. After that dried, we could move stuff into the storage area. In the meantime we were arranging the rooms, unpacking what we could, getting the logistics of living in another state taken care of and occasionally eating a meal. The time has flown by in a blur.

I feel tired again just trying to recount it for you.

The closing on Thursday was a total nail-biter. To start with, the closing attorney showed up without any funds. None. We were supposed to close on the sale of our house and then go and close on the new house. Then when our real estate person told her that she had been telling her people all along that they had to bring the checks to the table, she attorney person and started getting into a heated argument. They both pretty much called each other liars right there at the table. Looking back on it, I am pretty amused, but at the time I was just pissed.

Next, the buyers didn’t show up. We waited and waited and when they were finally found, they claimed they were only 5 miles away. 45 minutes later, they showed up. They were over an hour late to their own closing. Nice.

Anyway, we got through it and now here we are, slaving away to get the new house into shape. It’s a lot of work moving into an older place and getting it to where you want it. It will be worth it in the long run, but right now, I’m just tired.

I did get my new high speed internet connection taken care of on Friday afternoon. It is so cool surfing at turbo speed. This is actually the first time I’ve been able to give it a good go. No wonder people don’t use dial-up anymore.

I’ll be checking in to see how things have been with everyone. I want to say thanks to Peachy for guest blogging. She’s the coolest! I notice there wasn’t a Highwayman post. Too bad. I really wanted to see how her version of our hero’s adventures would turn out. I love the Helpie Helperson tip. I sure don’t need gum in my hair. I can’t afford to lose any more.

OK, time to explore what has been happening with all my blog buds. I’m sure this will be an adventure in itself.

No comments: