Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hectic Weekend

It's been quite a hectic weekend here. I don't know about anyone else but I'm a little worn out.

Yesterday I spent the day with all my best buds. A friend had come to visit from Tennessee. He moved there several years ago and when he gets back to visit, it can be an event. We played golf (well, I don't know that what I was doing was golf anyway) and went back to town where we hung out, played some poker, scarfed pizza and reminisced. It was great. The poker part was OK. Not that I lost, which I did, but that it was my first time playing Texas Hold-em. (Is that how it's spelled?) Maybe I missed something but I thought it was very boring. Much more so than playing dealers choice. I didn't see any reason that the world should be so enthralled with the game. But that's just me.

My friend wants me to come visit in Tennessee this Summer, so I'm planning to do so. All you Tennessee blogger buds get ready, I'll be in your neck of the woods sometime soon. I expect you to drop everything and show me around, at least for one night.

OK, maybe not 'drop everything', but I would love to meet up with you. First beer is on me.

Today I had my Mom and 2 Aunts over for their Mother's day dinner. We always have them over and get them something nice just because they really appreciate it. They're not getting any younger so I like to let them know sometimes that they are appreciated.

Doesn't sound like much, but it has been busy. Now I'm chillin, waiting for Baseball Tonight to come on, afraid to see the Yankees score. Yankee losses are hard to take and there have been plenty of those so far this year. Blah!

Time to try to catch up.

No comments: