Friday, May 13, 2005

Welcome Home

That's how I feel right now. I've basically had a 2 day hiatus from the blogger world and it will take a long time to catch up. I've been off work for some home stuff and ended up working much harder than I ever do at work. Funny how that happens. I've heard people before saying how when you own a house there is always something that needs to be done. That seems to be true. And I only have a townhouse. It must suck having a big house. It's a bad thing for me too since I hate working around the home. Well, mostly I hate it. I like building stuff, but gardening and painting and all that blows.

So yesterday I replaced all the wooden boxes aroung the gardens. I say gardens because the way our place is layed out, Nicci has basically made 5 gardens out of the available space. (I'll have to post some pics. It really is nice.) I started at 7:30 A.M. and only took a break @ 2:00 to take a Starbuck's to Nicci at work. BTW, thanks again Meritt for the caramel macchaito recommendation. I think I love those. Then I came back and finished the garden stuff and put some cool lights along our front walk. They look sweet. Finally at about 6:30 I decided that food was becoming a necessity.

That's how I get when I'm engrossed in something. Especially if I set a goal for myself at the beginning. When I do an art project, it's worse. I'm pretty much unreachable and if my concentration is actually broken, it's really hard to become focused again. It was worth it though. Now, if I can just get through the damn painting of the bay windows this weekend without my head exploding, I'm home free for the year.

No comments: