Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sometimes I Wonder

Isn't it funny how you can react to things that really shouldn't matter to you at all? I do sometimes. Recently I saw that Renée Zellweger married some country singer. Now I don't like her so much. It reminds me of when Lisa Hartman married a country singer. I didn't like her so much anymore after that and I was madly in love with her at the time. Silly, eh? (Let's not discuss Sandy's latest guy please.)

Another example is just why should I care if professional sports teams stadiums are making money by selling their names to the highest bidder? Like the Baltimore Ravens play in M&T Bank Stadium. Once it was called Ravens Stadium. To me, that's just stupid and it really irks me. Why? I dunno, it just does. It's cheesy.

This weekend on 2 seperate occasions I ran into people I used to work with and I had a wtf moment both times. I have been away from that job for nearly 4 years now and when I saw the guy on Saturday, I saw shocked. He got huge! Not in a good way either. He is now officially a chunk! It's shocking because this guy was a workout king. He always was paranoid about getting out of shape. All the girls liked him too. I guess he was good looking. We played ball together for several years and he was always looking studly. Now he is just a big lump of flab with a good sized double chin. It still freaks me out.

The second similar incident was on Monday when I ran into a woman I worked with for over 10 years. She was also one who was very careful to keep herself thin and attractive. Didn't work. She is super-sized now. At first, I didn't know what to say. I was stunned. After I walked away from talking with her, I started wondering how this had happened. She had gotten married just before I left the job, so maybe that old saying about getting ugly after marriage is true.

These things shouldn't be a big deal to me. For whatever reason, they are. It's not like they effect my life at all. I just spend time wondering about them anyway. Today I'm going to try and pay attention to how I react to stuff that I really shouldn't give a crap about. It will be interesting to see what else bugs me that really shouldn't.

No comments: