Saturday, May 28, 2005

Today Is My Un-Birthday

Most of us are having an un-birthday today. Happy Un-Birthday to all of you (us) who are. I hope it’s great.

Yesterday I was a pig. I had so many options for pigging out on my Birthday that I didn’t know how to choose. So I tried almost everything. 2 trips to Starbuck’s, one where I was sung to (that was cool!), a trip to KFC for lunch, homemade oatmeal cream cookie things, ice cream, Lime Pepsi and my Aunt and Uncle made me a kick-ass dinner last night.

It may seem strange to some what they made for dinner, but I requested most of it, so it was a treat for YB. They had meatloaf (yes, I love meatloaf), butter corn, mashed potatoes, Harvard beets, green beans (I don’t like those), fresh blueberry pie, blueberry cheesecake and lemon sponge cake with the most awesome lemon icing. My Uncle makes the potatoes and anyone who knows me knows I do not like potatoes. But he does something special with them and I really like them. He’s become semi-famous to everyone who knows him for his mashed potatoes. I guess if you want to leave behind a legacy, there are worse things.

So my Birthday was one long continuation of favorite food scarfing. I didn’t plan it that way, but sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

Otherwise it was a quiet day. I got home in time to see the Yankees finish up a beating of the sux. That was the best present I could ever hope for. I remember a time when having a birthday was a reason for going out and seeing how many brain cells I could kill in one night. I sometimes miss those celebrations, but I sure don’t miss the day (or 2) afterward. Funny how things change, isn’t it?

Today I get to go and pick up my car from the shop (again). I don’t think I posted about it last week but when we had it in for a minor glitch (the sunroof slider was jammed) someone at the dealership put an 8” scratch on the side. Not just a smudge or a simple easy to buff out mark. A deep, into the paint, down to the metal scratch. I asked if they thought I wouldn’t notice it or something. You could see the thing from 100 yards away. So it’s been fixed. Problem is, a stone hit the windshield of their loaner car and now I need to get that fixed. It’s got a big chip in it. Stupid stones! Always something with cars, it seems.

I won’t get bummed though. This weekend is still the Birthday weekend, so I intend to have fun. Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes. The blogger world sure is a nice place to live. Youse guys rock! ;)

No comments: