Sunday, May 15, 2005

Whew!

I've had enough. I've been working around the house 4 of the last 5 days and I'm done. No more for me. It isn't something I find all that rewarding. Some people do, but not me. The only reward (besides being done) is the newest treat that Starbuck's has; a mint mocha chip frappucino. Damn, that thing is good!

Funny thing about odd jobs, the one that seems like it should be the easiest usually isn't. Today I thought I had easy stuff I wanted to accomplish. The one that got me was putting a simple brass door knocker with peep hole on the front door. Simple. Drill 3 holes, making sure they are level, screw the thing to the door. Sounds easy, right? Nope. First, it's a metal door. Second, the screws included were way too long. Third, the peep hole thing didn't have a large enough back to cover the hole drilled for it. Sheesh! They went to a lot of trouble to make a template for drilling the perfect size and pattern but didn't include enough stuff to make the finishing look good. So, after some inventive thinking and a trip to Home Depot, the simple job got done after 4 hours. It did come out nice though. Gotta watch out for the so-called simple jobs.

I'm tired from all this stuff. Can you tell I'm not the 'home improvement' type? I do like some stuff, but rarely will I volunteer for homey fixer-upper jobs.

Anyway, this past week has left me way behind with blogland. It's going to take me a while to get totally caught up. Someone let me know if I've missed anything really important. Otherwise, I'll be seeing you for myself eventually.

No comments: