Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Shiny Head

We work with this guy that has a really shiny head. I think he shaves it because there is never a shadow of a hair on it. He has to shave it every day to keep it that hairless. Plus, he must polish it. Do head shavers polish their heads? For real?

I get this image of him standing there in the morning after shaving, a big ol pair of boxers on, a towel over his head, one end in each hand, pulling it back and forth over his head to polish it. The squeaking sounds rattling the windows and fine china.

I see why some people make chrome dome jokes and jokes about baldies blinding them when the sun hits their heads. This guy could zap you good if he stood just the right way and aimed the reflected sunlight at you.

Now, I'm not making fun of the guy. He obviously wants to be a glistening crystal ball head and that's OK. Me, being a person who is losing hair due to Mother Nature's cruel sense of humor, I am amazed by the chromus domus idea. Personally, I'd sooner see a guy leave some 5:00 shadow than to be a walking reflecto-ray.

At least he's not doing the old comb-over, pretending that nothing is happening. I guess that is worse. :)

No comments: