Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Stuff On My Mind

I have been really busy at work again and my blog time is limited. (How annoying!) So I thought I'd write a few things that are on my mind this past 2 days.

First, has anybody noticed lately that when Basketball players are interviewed after a game, they talk about "taking care of the ball"? I hear them interviewed on the radio and that's what a lot of them say, they need to "take care of the ball".

Isn't that a sweet idea? Those big strong men taking care of that innocent little ball. I bet it feels loved and protected. Is this a standard term for Basketball? I don't follow the sport nor even like it, but I think for any sport, that's a funny term.

I found myself agreeing with Donald Trump again this morning. He was talking about this study that was done proving that men respond better to beautiful women than to older or less attractive women. They used a group of beautiful women with one group of men and a group of older, retired women with another. The ones who were checking out the advertising using hot babes were very enthusiastic and even lied about their incomes trying to impress the babes. The second group was a bit less enthusiastic. His point was (and I agree), why did they need to waste time and money to prove the obvious? Anyone should already know the results of this thing even before it is done. Maybe the 'scientists' just wanted to check out the hot babes? I really can't think of a better reason than that to waste the effort on something so glaringly obvious. Duh!

I find it sad that GM and Ford have now been downgraded to the 'junk bonds' catagory. I believe it's just another step toward American auto manufacturers folding. The demands put on them by the greedy unions have pushed them toward not being able to effectively keep the business running. Soon we'll all be driving foreign cars because there isn't any choice. That or all manufacturing will be moved out of the country and even 'American' cars will be imported after being built elsewhere. We reap what we sow.

The Yankees won again last night. (Everyone, give yourself a high five.) The first time this season they've managed to win 3 in a row. I hope it continues.

I'm dreading the coming weekend. I have to scrape and paint our bay windows and the woodwork around the front door. I hate painting. Capital H and capital ATE! I keep thinking that maybe it will rain and I'll get a reprieve, but I really hope against that. I'd sooner just get it done. Have I mentioned how much I hate painting?

The story that Meritt posted about over the weekend is now a really big issue in Baltimore. The one where a Principal hired a convicted murderer and he ended up raping a student and molesting a few others. The whole state is in an uproar now. You can bet that the over-reactive government types will have their fingers into everything now, even though it was a private school. The principal and founder of the school said she just wanted to give the guy a second chance. She's african american and so is the rapist/murderer. Now the race card is being brought out, in a bit of a reverse from the usual way. She also said that his crime didn't have anything to do with children. I wonder what one has to do at this school to discredit themselves from working with kids? If murder doesn't count, what does?

I guess that's enough thinking for a while. Go ask Peachy who she had lunch with (again) today. :)

No comments: