Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm Back

I'm so happy to be at work today. I know that sounds weird, but it is true. The weekend, starting with Friday, was way too stressful. So coming in to work is truthfully a nice break.

Speaking of stress, I found this kind of funny, in a way. My Aunt is one of those really, really sweet people you meet. She's soft spoken and always positive. Always caring about others and never says swear words. Well this weekend the stress started showing on her too. At one point she actually said "...well she can kiss my ass!..." What!!! The whole room went silent. I think she amazed herself. Her son, who is now in his 50's, just stopped and looked at her and told her to please repeat that please because he has never heard her say something like that. Never ever. It was a crack-up moment. Once she realized what she said, she blushed so hard! It was great.

Then at one point my Mother was spouting off about something really dumb again (which is a natural state for her, believe me) and my Aunt started imitating her when she wasn't looking. It was hilarious! Also way out of character for her, but really funny. We all had to just hold our breath and not laugh out loud as my Mother finished her dumb-ass remarks.

I guess being in the hospital for 33 straight days with your husband of 56 years will stress you out. She's holding up pretty well all things considered, but I think her patience with some things is gone. Can't blame her a bit.

So I will be trying to catch up with everyone plus I have a few things to spout off about too. Stay tuned for the action. Same Bob time, same Bob channel.....

No comments: