Sunday, July 03, 2005

It's A Beautiful Mornin'

It really is beautiful here right now. I hope it is elsewhere too. The sun is shining, the humidity and temperature is down and the Starbuck's was perfect.

I already uprooted a tree and planted a new one this morning. Not something I normally like doing, but today, I'm a nice guy. Spacebrain came by for the tree we were replacing and he, Nicci and I sat out on the lower deck for morning coffee together. It was nice.

I think sometimes, although very rarely, I don't mind a little domesticity. Usually it grates on me big time. This morning, it's not too bad.

So soon I will begin the adventure of looking for a new house. We finally decided that we should move back to my tiny little hometown. I want to be closer to my family. They are getting really old on me. It will mean a longer work commute, but it will also mean some added incentive to get a better job, closer to home. I've been lazy long enough. Time to change.

I'm really excited to start house shopping. It really doesn't bug me too much to go through the process. Nicci, on the other hand, gets pretty stressed out. We really are opposites in most things.

Today I will also be decorating my Uncle's hospital room for the 4th. He's still there and it's a bit more of a bummer for him. The 4th of July is the one time every year that all our family gathers at his house for a picnic. Obviously not this year. So we'll bring the party to him as best we can.

I hope you all have had a great start to the day too. I'll be checking in on all of you. Watch out, I'm keeping my eye on you.....

No comments: