Friday, July 29, 2005

Welcome To BS Friday

Yes, it's BS Friday again. That wonderful time of the week when you get to write whatever you want and everyone else has to guess if you are telling the truth like a nice little angel or lying like a politician. Here is my latest installment titled “My One Brush with a Celebrity”:

In my home town, like most small towns, they have a week when the Fireman's Carnival is going on. Normally I don't bother with it much, with the exception of going there occasionally for some food. The Ladies Auxiliary makes some kick-ass stuff. Anyway, one night around 10:30 p.m., I was bored so I decided to go down to see what was happening. As I approached I noticed something strange, the band that was playing wasn't a country band. That was a shock! Naturally I had to see what was going on.

I got to the bandstand, all the while loving the bluesy tunes they were playing and when I finally saw who it was, the mystery was no more. The singer was a local woman who had been in the news a lot recently because she had just been signed to a big time recording contract. I also knew a couple of the guys in the band, so I had scored! Good live music kills boredom quick.

Once the set was done, I moseyed over to talk with some of the guys in the band. After a little while I noticed that the singer wasn’t anywhere around. They pointed her out to me at a table next to the stage. She was signing autographs for anyone who wanted one. So, being the autograph hound I am (I have a decent sized collection btw) I decided I should get one. Who knows, maybe she would get uber-famous?

Once I got there, I started talking with her and I noticed that she kept staring at my t-shirt. She kept breaking eye contact and looking down at the front of my shirt. I felt like a big boobed woman showing cleavage around a bunch of mammary obsessed guys. It was weird. Finally she stopped talking and told me how much she loved the shirt. She wanted to know where I got it, how could she get one, yada, yada, yada… It was a cool one. It was a white shirt with a pencil drawing type picture of Robert Johnson on it. I should have guessed that she would like that one, her being a blues/country type singer.

Anyway, she signed a picture for me and we talked a bit more, but every now and then she would come back to the t-shirt. Finally, I offered to give it to her. She actually seemed shocked, but after a few offers, she finally accepted. I didn’t want to strip right there, so I told her if she would come to my place one day later in the week I would give it to her. I gave her my address and that was that. Or so I thought.

I hung around to see them do their last set, said goodnight to everyone I knew and headed home. I got cleaned up, got ready for bed and as I was just about to turn off the lights, someone started knocking on my door. Now, it was about 1:30 a.m. by this time, so I had no idea who would be ‘stopping by’ at that hour. I was not amused. When I opened the door, ready to bite someone’s head off, there was my new singer friend. Hmm… I thought, “She must really like that damn shirt!” I let her in and we had a beer while we talked. She played my guitar a little and I played and sang a couple of my songs for her. Then she brought up the shirt issue. When I got it and handed it to her, she smiled and said, “Maybe I should try it on.” A dim bulb suddenly came on in my head. Could it be…???... She when into the bathroom and when she came back, she had the shirt on. Nothing else but the shirt. (Wheee!) It fit her well, but under the circumstances, I didn’t really think it couldn’t. ;)

Well, after the modeling session, one thing led to another and, well, let’s just say that the sunrise came real early. By the time she was dressed and leaving, it was already a bright, sunny morning. She was headed out on some kind of tour two days after this and I never saw her again. One thing I did do was drive that day to the store and get myself another one of those t-shirts. I still have it stored away to this day.

No comments: