Wednesday, July 13, 2005

You Model It, I Buy It

I just got back from lunch with one of my lady work friends. As we were heading back, she was looking at a store that appeared to be selling only fancy/sexy underwear for women. She was getting excited and talking about having to check it out.

Her reaction reminded me of a few years ago. There was a mall near work where we would sometimes go for lunch. The highlight of this mall for me was Victoria's Secret. What guy doesn't like that place? Just the idea of your woman (or any woman) trying on all that sexy stuff... sweet!

Well, I'm the type of person who makes dumb jokes just for the sake of making them. Most of you have probably figured that one out by now. So it should come as no surprise that I developed the habit of asking whichever woman happened to be with me at the time if they would model something sexy for me. I would tell them that if they modeled it for me, I would buy it for them. Every time we went by Victoria's Secret I would ask. Always, without fail, no one took me up on it.

My best friend Lisa had gotten to the point where she would just say "No" as we approached the store. I think I was beating it to death. But hey, I'm a guy. When the testosterone is flowing, you don't notice how annoying you are being.

Anyway, this routine went on for quite a long time. Then one day when I got a big surprise. One of my friends said yes. I asked the question and she stopped, looked in the window and said, “Ok, if you’re serious.” I didn’t know what to say. I had just assumed she would say no again, just like all the other times.

My hesitation lasted all of a few seconds and into the store we went. She took her time picking out her outfit and I savored every mental image of imagining her in the things she was looking through. (BTW, for the record, I was single at this time. Don’t get all indignant with me.)

Finally she chose a great outfit. It was an all white outfit with pink silk trim. It started with one of those things that look like a bra but all it did was sit under the boobs and push them up. Otherwise they were not covered. There was a matching g-string, garter belt and stockings. They were sweet to look at before anyone was wearing them.

She took everything into the dressing room and had me wait by the entrance. She took a long time dressing/undressing and I started to wonder if she was going to bail out but soon enough I heard her ask if the coast was clear. Once I said it was, she opened the door and struck a few poses in the sexy outfit. She really looked great! It was even better than I had imagined.

After a few minutes, she went back in and got dressed. We took the stuff to the counter and I paid. I remember it being about $150.00, but I also remember that I didn’t care about the cost.

The next day she came in and told me that her boyfriend really, really liked the outfit. I just smiled because my first thought was “I’m glad, but I saw it first.”

I haven’t asked anyone to make that exchange with me since. That fantasy has been fulfilled. Today was the first time I’ve thought of it in a long time.

Ahh... the memories...

No comments: