Friday, February 24, 2006

BS Friday

Welcome once again to BS Friday. I'll write it and you tell me if it's true or just plain old BS. Today's post is called: Batman I Am


This post is a little different because this just happened yesterday. It's very fresh in my mind. I still can't believe it happened to me.

I left work early yesterday with a friend. We had planned this excursion several days ago and I was really psyched. Well, the first hint I should have taken that this was going to be a different kind of day was when I met her at her desk and she was called away for a 'minute'. Yeah, you guessed it. That minute became 45 minutes. I had gone back to my desk to do some things while I waited. Finally she called and when I went to meet her, she was gone again. Luckily this time she only took 5 minutes.

We went downtown to her favorite Indian restaurant for a quick lunch. We finally managed to find a parking spot and squeezed the SUV into it. When I went to put money into the meter I found that it was broken. Nothing I did could make it work so we had to go and find another parking spot. Tickets in the city are really expensive.

So finally we got to the restaurant and they were closed. Figures. My friend was totally bummed and when she turned to go back across the street she didn't notice the city workers coming at us. She stepped off the curb before I could stop her and a street sweeper ran over her foot. It was a shock! Worse yet, it had severed her pinky-toe.

So I called 911 and stayed with her until they came. There was blood everywhere! It was gross. Then after the ambulance left, I found the toe! So, I put it in a Cracker Jack box I found laying there, filled it with ice from the CVS and took off for the hospital.

Of course I didn't have her keys with me so I had to jump on the bus to get there. I raised such a commotion catching the bus that the driver asked me what my problem was. I told the driver, "I got a toe here buddy. Step on it!"

Everything is cool for a few minutes but then all of a sudden this guy pulls out a gun. He's gonna try and rob the bus. Well, I knew any delay's gonna cost my friend her pinky-toe, so I got out of the seat and I started walking towards him. He says, "Where do you think you're going, Cracker Jack?" I said, "Well, I got a little prize for you, buddy." Pwaa! Pwaa! Keeyah! I knocked him out cold! It's amazing what adreneline can do for you.

I thought we were OK but now everybody is screaming. I look around and see that the driver, he's passed out because of all the commotion. The bus is out of control!

So I grab the driver by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel... and now I'm driving the bus!"

Then all of a sudden the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So, I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door with my foot at the next
stop. I had to keep making the stops because people kept ringing the bell.

Anyway, to make a long story short(er), I am happy to say that the little toe is back in place at the end of the line where it belongs. It looks like she will be just fine. I'm glad too. That toe is a valuable appendage.

So that was my 'fun afternoon off'. Not exactly as we had planned but we now have a good story to tell the Grandkids.

No comments: