Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's About That Time...

I still see a lot of houses decorated for Christmas. They are even lit up like Christmas is on the way. I think thats strange. It's February and these people are still lighting up for Christmas. Maybe they are just staying ready for Christmas 2006? Maybe. I think it's about that time people, just put the stuff in the garage and get over it.

I'm a little down today. One of my Aunts died and I will be going to the viewing tonight. I'm not one who believes in viewings but it's something I do for my family. Tomorrow I will be going to the funeral. I may even be a pallbearer. (Is that the right spelling?) That would be weird.

She was an interesting old gal. Aunt Millie. Yes, that is her name. Everyone just called her Sis. I have no idea why. I have this really cool picture of her somewhere that I will post later. It is from 1936 or 1937, I can't rememebr for sure. But it is cool. Anyway, Sis never married. She had a serious beau (as she called him) for a few years way back when, but he broke her heart. She never tried again. She lived to be 95! Imagine all that time alone all because of that one broken romance. Kinda sad and romantic all at the same time.

So tomorrow posting will be light. Today, posting may be strange. I'm in a bit of a funky mood. We'll just see how it goes, eh?

No comments: