Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday Morning Smiling

So it's Monday. Again. It seems like Mondays come way more often than Fridays, doesn't it? I feel like they do anyway. This Monday is not so bad though. Why? Well because I won the Superbowl pool at work, that's why! I don't know how much I won, but I don't care. Winning something is cool! (and rare)

I watched the game with detached interest. I wasn't really bothered about who would win or not. I leaned toward Pittsburgh, but it really didn't matter to me. When I saw they won me money, well then I was suddenly a Steelers fan. For about a minute, I was anyway.

Here's something interesting; our Superbowl poll was pretty accurate. Most thought the Steelers would win. Personally I thought the commercials were a bit lame this year. One thing we missed on the Poll is that no one voted for the Referees. They sure did change the game. I think they missed quite a few calls in there. Mostly against the Seahawks too. I knew I should have voted for the Refs. ;) We needed Ed Hocule in there to keep those guys straight! (Right Peachy?)

So it looks like I'll be buying the burgers tomorrow. That's OK. All in all, this particular Monday morning isn't quite as bad as most. I hope yours has something to look forward to too. :)


Latest Poll results:

Who will win the Superbowl?

Selection Votes
The Steelers 29% 8
The Seahawks 14% 4
The Advertisers 11% 3
The half-time show stars 0% 0
The people watching 0% 0
The people who don't watch 14% 4
Who cares!?! 21% 6
The referees 0% 0
The City of Detroit 0% 0
The TIVO people (remember - wardrobe malfunction?) 11% 3

28 votes total

No comments: