Sunday, February 19, 2006

Kinda Worn Down

It's been a long weekend. Not the good kind of long. The shutdown at work is when we technical types get our hands on the critical equipment that is normally out of our reach during regular business days. So we get to come in and work with the stuff until the job gets done. You get the OK, you do the project, you get it done and you get up and running again. It makes for long days. Days are longer when they are supposed to be weekend days.

The cool thing is that since it's the weekend the place is all ours. No one calling with a problem. No one stopping you in the halls with questions. No "Oh shits" to handle asap. Just get in and do your thing. I like that. It kinda makes me wish I always worked off hours. Almost.

Tomorrow is our last day of this type of freedom, if you can call it that. It's been hectic and very busy but when it's hectic and all those annoying co-workers are back, it will be hectic and frustrating. So even though it's a holiday I won't mind too much. Plus, it will be a Starbuck's morning. How can that be bad?

I thought I'd have more blog time around starting different projects but the reality is that I have had less time. Thats not something I had expected.

Tomorrow should be fun. I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I'm off to try and catch up now.

No comments: