Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Depressed

What a bummer. The Baseball season ended last night. The worst part is that the Yankees could have won. Pitching and defense wins championships. They preach that all the time. The Yanks didn't have quite enough of either to get past the first round. I had the feeling we might be in trouble when Crosby ran Shef over in the outfield and allowed 2 runs to score. My stomach started to hurt then. I was soooo looking forward to the ALCS. Especially against Chicago. Damn.

Well, let's try to look at some positives here:

The Yankees did win the division. After their horrible start, that is quite an accomplishment.

Also, the starting pitching should be in great shape next season. With Wang, Small, Mussina, Chacon & Johnson we are in decent shape. Unloading that bum Wright would be a good idea. That leaves us able to focus on the huge weakness of middle relief.

I hope Bernie returns in some capacity. I also hope his replacement really is Torii Hunter. That would be sweet.

The best thing to happen this year is that boston was eliminated. That was an orgasmic moment for me. The Braves losing was a close second to that.

Oh, and the sleep deprivation ended last night too. I won't be wasting precious sleep time on teams I don't really care about so I won't be so tired this month like usual.

OK, I guess there are a few positives. I'd still trade them all for a Yankee win and another shot at the ALCS.

I'm already anxious for next season to start.

No comments: