Monday, October 24, 2005

Fun Weekend - Not!

Once again, I am happy to be back at work. Other than going to a friend's surprise birthday party Saturday night, this weekend sucked. Weekends are supposed to make you sorry to go to work on Monday. I seem to get it ass-backwards a lot.

The stupid pipe that leaked all over my new carpet did much more damage than I thought. One entire half of the finished basement was totally ruined. I thought I could get away with taking the carpet up, replacing the padding and doing a good cleaning, but nope, of course it's not that easy. The dorks that installed the new carpet didn't remove the old padding that was glued down to the floor. (Which, btw, was already moldy and gross.) So, I spent the day yesterday tearing up my brand new carpet, scraping off the original padding (that they should have already removed) and getting the place ready for new flooring. Of course, we can't put carpet down unless we add extra padding since the other half of the room still has the double stuff under the remaining carpet. Besides, matching the original carpet has turned out to be an impossible task. With modern technology, one would think that colors would remain the same no matter what lot is produced. Nope. It doesn't work that way. I think I'm going to put a parque floor on that side of the room. I think it will look cool. Other than the expense, I think the room will look even better than before.

OK, enough crying. It could be worse. I could be in Florida with the latest hurricane or worse, have a disaster like the one Meritt's friends/family experienced this weekend. The family that lost their child has been in my thoughts constantly. You never know when disaster will strike I guess.

Well, isn't this the cheery post this morning? I think I'll quit while I'm behind.

It must be Monday.

No comments: