Sunday, October 30, 2005

Quirky Is Cool

Have you ever known someone who you thought was full of quirky behavior? They would have habits and seemingly strange annoyances. Things that bugged them that may not bug someone else.

Everybody has their quirks. I sure do. I've noticed lately that I have developed quite a few of them. Just around the house I have many. For instance, I hate seeing footprints on the bathroom rugs. I'm not talking about dirty ones. Everyone hates those. I mean imprints of feet that you can clearly see in the rugs. If I see one, I rub it out. That really bugs me.

I also hate water rings. Water rings anywhere are totally unacceptable to me. I have coasters everywhere. Coasters are mandatory in my house. Which brings me to the next quirk; the placement of the coasters.

I have sets of them on each table. They are always nice and they go nicely where I've placed them. If one is sitting crooked or not spaced equally at the table corner, I have to straighten it out.

I also can't stand pictures that are not level. I've hated that all my life. I've straightened crooked pictures so much in my life that usually I don't even need a level anymore. Of course, I do go around my house periodically using a level to make sure the pictures are OK. Gotta be sure even though I do a good job just eyeballing them.

One other thing I'll confess to is that all the clocks in the house have to be in sync. I go around and set them all together and make sure they change the minute as close to one another as possible. I can't stand when clocks in the same house read different times.

Maybe this behavior sounds weird or even funny. Whichever way you view it, it is me. I don't even mind anyone knowing about it. If no one had quirks, then people wouldn't be all that interesting. We'd all be a bit more of a bore. So I say embrace your quirks. Enjoy them and don't let anyone tell you you're a nut. Remember, quirky is cool!

No comments: