Thursday, October 06, 2005

Peachy Fix & Stuff

I got my Peachy fix this morning! It was great!

Peachy has been away all week for training. It's been weird without her here. She stopped in for some stuff on her computer and I got to see her for a while. Funny how someone being away from work can be missed like that, isn't it? I feel better. ;)

Also, Miss Charming Jones did put in her notice yesterday. I knew it was coming, but it still sucks. She is going on to a much better position. A much better situation too, so it's a good move. I'm hoping they need other people too. *hint hint*

Now Peachy will be in a department with a new boss who isn't even here yet and one rookie co-worker. Sounds like time for a salary negotiation, doesn't it? Yup.

On a side note, does anyone else have a toilet at work that tries to sploosh you when you flush it? We have one here that I have learned to step away from before flushing. It sometimes flushes so hard that water flies out of it. Gross, to be sure. But it makes for great breakfast talk, don't you think?

Today is HNT. Possibly the biggest (if not the coolest) thing to hit blogs since, well, maybe blogs. Go here to see the list of participants. (Go here and here and here to check out some blog friends that participate.)

I hear Hockey started last night. It's all over the news. I guess after the lockout last year people are treating it like it's something extraordinary. I'm happy for the fans since I remember the 1994 Baseball season fiasco. It's all about money these days. Greed kills!

I can't wait to get home tonight. I am planting a tree. Yeah, that sounds really YB like, I know. All week long I have been digging this big ass hole in the ground to plant a tree that will be delivered today It is already pretty big, so the hole had to be pretty big. The tree is an oak maple. We didn't know that it was one that would grow to be a giant when we bought it. I just loved it when I saw it, so we went ahead and got it. It will get to be about 120' tall and the trunk will get a few feet in diameter. I hope I'm alive long enough to see it get huge.

Geez, that sounds way too domestic. Suddenly, I feel ill.

Ok, that's enough stuff for now. Later.

No comments: