Friday, October 28, 2005

TV Dinners

Here's a confession; I love TV dinners. I always have. I have loved them since I was a kid. I know I know, the food is probably not good for me. The whole idea of pre-packaged stuff like that is kinda wrong. (Ask Terra.) But I do love them.

Naturally I'm getting to the problem. Bear with me.

Tonight I have a few hours to myself. These nights are rare and I totally enjoy them. So I decided to make myself a TV dinner. I got it out and was psyched for my delectable treat, almost feeling like I was on my own again. Of course, there was a catch, the stupid thing was one of those that you microwave for a few minutes, take something out, stir something else and then cook some more. WTF is up with all that?

That is so annoying. I just can't believe that in this modern world someone can't invent a TV dinner that you pop into the Wave and let it there until its done. No stirring, no cutting away part of the plastic, no poking holes over some other compartment, no removing something because it can't cook as long as the other food. It should just go in, you punch a few buttons and out it comes. No fuss, no muss. Yum!

From now on I'm reading the instructions before buying one. I refuse to get any more of those dinners that take all that effort. I believe that if you are going for convenience, it should always be convenient. Extra effort is for real cooking. Taking that extra time cuts into my free FO time and I won't stand for it any more.

So there. ;)

No comments: