Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Times, They Are A Changin

I guess I neglected to mention that I put in my notice last week at work. Yep, the 'Big Interview" I posted about back in September paid off. The new opportunity is too good to pass up, so next Wednesday will be my last day here. Personally, I think it's the suit. I only own one suit and every time I wear it for an interview, I get an offer. It's like a super-suit or something. Not like the Jackie Chan one, but just as good when it comes to interviews.

Things like this are happy & sad at the same time. I like what I do now. I love the people. It will be sad to go. I'm going to miss a lot of co-workers/friends at the old joint. I wasn't really looking to leave. They were looking for me.

But the new place is awesome and the opportunity for the future is far superior. The security is also more assured, which is a big thing with me. (Yes, the money is better too.)

This whole thing has me thinking about that rotten old saying 'All good things must come to an end'. I've mentioned before how I hate that saying. I just don't think it should be so, but it really is. For some time, working here was fun and the staff was great. But quite a few have left for whatever reason and it has changed quite a bit. It's a bummer.

Those kinds of changes happen with everything. Look at Blogger. There are a lot of missing persons there too. LZ, Ropemonkey, and most recently Grace (Gah!) have given up blogger. Many others are distracted or doing other things and don't post hardly at all. This time last year blogger was a happy, busy place.

I may end up like some of the old blog buds too. This job allows for lots of blog time but the new one probably won't. I could end up being a morning and evening only blogger. (With mornings being kinda iffy at best.)

See? Things change and not always for the better. So when I think of the new opportunity, which is a happy thing, I also think of the old place and how sad it is to leave. But thats always been my personality; never get so wound up in something new that you forget where you're from. Can we consider that a defect? Maybe.

But I really am excited about the new job. That thought seems to have gotten lost in this post somewhere.

No comments: