Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Best Laid Plans...

Last night I was home alone for the evening. I love those times when I have the place to myself! I am still feeling sick, ever since Monday, so I was looking forward to a nice, quiet evening. Naturally it wasn't to be.

I decided to go ahead and take out the trash and take care of the Kitty stuff so I could relax. Well, I managed to slosh my Cherry Pepsi over the coffee table, spill the dirty cat litter all over the kitchen floor & drop the garbage bag in the breezeway. Junk everywhere. I could see that this wasn't going to be a typical evening.

Finally, after cleaning up the messes and getting ready to settle down with my lovely KFC dinner, the stupid phone rings. Me, being me, I looked at the caller ID and didn't recognize the number, so I ignored it. Shortly after this, the phone rings again. This time it was a friend, but I wasn't finished with dinner, so I waited and called him back a few minutes later. Afterward, I didn't even get upstairs to clean up before the stupid phone was ringing again. This time I didn't even bother to look. Screw that stupid phone.

I got back downstairs and got ready to watch The Warriors, the Director's version, (which is awesome, btw) and it hadn't even started when the doorbell was ringing.

Now I was cussing. I went upstairs to find that the guy who had sold us the bathroon stuff (new fixtures, tub, etc....) was there to do a follow-up. Did we like the install? Are we satisfied? All that stuff. Then he goes into his spiel about referrals and would I write him a letter of recommendation. That stuff. All I wanted was for him to leave. Basically, I told him I was not feeling well and maybe I would do it for him this week. In my mind I was saying "Just get out!"

So finally after I got rid of him, I managed to see The Warriors. It has always been one of my favorites anyway. I saw it 3 weekends in a row when it was new in the theatres. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

The night didn't turn out to be as relaxing as I had hoped, but at least the end was good. Now I have to go to the new job feeling like a big balloon is stuck up my nose. This should be a fun day. Wheee!

No comments: