Friday, November 25, 2005

Time To Catch Up

I’ve been having some trouble getting blog time lately. Now that my schedule will be more manageable, I should get back to a better routine. First, let’s catch up.

The new job that I went to 3 weeks ago didn’t work out. What I interviewed for was to Manage 2 separate areas of their manufacturing system. I had no problem doing that. Management is something I have plenty of experience with. The thing was, once I got to the job, I found out that the workload had tripled and there were no more personnel spots approved until August-September. This meant that I would be stuck working in the one area, which was basically a warehouse inside the manufacturing suites. It easily would have been a full time job keeping that entire area straight. Not what I had signed on for. The shame of it is that I really wanted to do the job I interviewed for. I know things can change sometimes, but this time it was way too ridiculous a change. I would have been trapped for a long time.

The good thing is that the old job never stopped wanting me to come back, so that’s what I am doing. Starting on Monday, I’ll be back at the old place.

Yesterday I went to my Aunt & Uncle’s place for Thanksgiving dinner. It was great! No cooking can beat the old style home made turkey dinner. It was a good day.

Today Nicci and I made our own private turkey dinner. The fire was in the fireplace, the turkey was cooking and we were decorating the Christmas tree. You sure can’t get more traditional than that.

Now I’m stuffed (again) and ready to kick back for a while. So, what have I missed?

I heard via Meritt’s blog that Nick & Jessica really did split up. Now there’s some news to be focused on.

I saw that Pat Morita died too. I guess Daniel-san is really on his own now.

Oh! I almost forgot. Here is my personal list of things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving:

The Yankees
SpaghettiOs
Cherry (& Lime) Pepsi
My Uncle’s health
My blog friends
Nicci
My job (glad I still have one)
Sponge Bob Candy Canes
Long Weekends
My family (most of them anyway)
God
Old Chevys
Movies
Smarties
Lots more stuff that I can’t think of right now.

I think that catches us up well enough. Stay tuned for more action in the not too distant future. ;)

No comments: