Monday, November 28, 2005

Movie Review Time

I don't do a lot of these movie review things but I feel like I want to make an exception. This past (long) weekend, I saw 2 different movies that I had heard others talk about and I was surprised at my personal reaction to them. It was opposite of what I was told.

I first saw Catwoman starring Halle Berry. Right off the bat I will say that it would be hard for me to not like this one. I expected to like it a lot because I love women superheroes and I also love Halle Berry. She is not only talented but I think she is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. How could you go wrong with her in the cat suit?

I was told I wouldn't like it. That it was really bad. The truth is, I liked it a lot. Not just for the aforementioned reasons. I just liked it. The story and the way it was done. It was fun to see. I loved the way HB carried off the cat style. It was great.

The second movie I saw was Sin City. I was told that I would love this one. All I can say is that I think I liked it. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it. It had great actors/actresses and a pretty interesting style to it. But it was one that I will have to see again to decide if I liked it or not. It was not what I expected. I will say that I was disappointed in the ending. Very disappointed. I can think of several ways it could have been better. But hey, I'm no Producer, right? What do I know.

I think Sin City was a 'cool' movie. One that isn't about to make a statement about anything. It's just 'cool'. I like that about it. (I can't stand movies that preach anyway.) I'm just having a hard time deciding if 'like' is how I feel about it. See it once and tell me your reaction.

So basically, I saw two movies that turned out to be the opposite of what I was told to expect. Funny how that happens.

No comments: