Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Garbage Or Poop Fuel?

Tonight when I was having dinner at a local restaurant they brought me this huge bowl of Harvard Beets. Now, I like Harvard Beets, but not a bowl of about 200 of them. As I picked through the stack to get the best ones (which you can do when you have such a surplus) I started to imagine that the little beets were either screaming "Pick me! Pick me!", wanting to be eaten or scampering away whimpering so they weren't chosen.

You see, I imagined that some of them didn't want to be eaten and consequently become poop fuel. They would rather be garbage and maggot food.

The brave ones wanted to be eaten because they knew they were healthy for my body. They were born for this task and were eager to fulfill thier destiny no matter what. They were like the Marines. Hoo Rah!

The chicken ones were also born and raised for the job of making us healthy but they were too chicken to go through the whole process. That part about getting poked with a fork and then being chewed to mulch just wasn't something they wanted to try. They were like the draft dodgers.

Personally, I can understand either point of view.

Funny how something so simple as a large helping of food can become so much fun.

So, which way would you prefer to end up if you were a Harvard Beet? Garbage Or Poop Fuel?

No comments: