Monday, November 07, 2005

Culture Shock

I just finished my first day at the new job. I think I am in culture shock. Everyone there is very positive. They are very laid back despite all the work required in starting up a new facility and they seem pretty OK to work with so far. I'm not used to that. I really liked where I was before this but the atmosphere was totally different. Not one positive vibe could be found in the place.

Sure, I seriously miss a couple people (Peachy & Spacebrain are all that's left there) but I don't miss the gloom and doom feeling.

There is a lot to do and the professionalism of my co-workers makes me feel very sure we will get it all done on schedule. I hope the second day is as smooth as the first.

Funny thing though, I am already sure that I will be leaving this job once everything is up and running well. Probably a 2 year stop is all it is. I feel like I won't be there any more than that. I'm not really sure why, but that is my first impression.

Who knows? Maybe I'll end up retiring from there. That's how my first impressions usually are anyway. So far from accurate.

It was a long day though. I first went and had to have a tetnus shot. Then they did a TB test. So on my left arm there are now 3 holes put there since last Thursday when they drew blood during my physical. They are making me into a pin cushion.

I did find myself wondering how my old friends were making out today. Peachy called me in the afternoon and we talkes for a whiole. (That was awesome. Thanks Peachy.) I guess I feel like I left them down a little.

So all in all, it was a good day. No feelings of wishing I wasn't there. No regrets. I guess today was a success. Hopefully the next one will be a success too. Isn't that all we can ever hope for anyway?

No comments: