Monday, August 23, 2004

80's Hair Bands

Does anybody but me miss the 'Hair Bands' from the 80's? Last week I saw a show on VH1 listing the top 40 Hair Bands of all time. It made me a bit nostalgic for that era. I guess it could have a lot to do with the fact that that was when the next party and hanging with friends were the only priority in my life. I kept up with work just to fund the good times.

That was an era where the rock star was truely just that, the rock star. Everything to excess and damn the torpedos. Tomorrow will take care of itself. Looking back on all that, I still marvel that we all survived, especially the band members. Of course, some didn't. Including one of our group of friends who lived that life and it got him.

But truthfully, I still love the music. No matter what the grunge era did to the public perception of the 80's bands, the music is still what made them great. Here's a partial list (from my memory, so bear with me) of the bands on the show:


1 Poison (I love "Talk Dirty To Me")
2 Twisted Sister ("I Wanna Rock", cruising in my '63 Chevy music )
3 Bon Jovi ("Runaway", cool song)
4 Motley Crue ("Looks That Kill", This song reminds me of my friend Lisa)
5 Warrant ("Cherry Pie", can you say sexual innuendo?)


Other bands profiled were:

Slaughter
Def Leppard
Quiet Riot
Cinderella

They were fun days, but I'm glad they are over. I personally couldn't survive that pace now. The best part has survived, though. The music.

No comments: