Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Sheffield For MVP

Well, last night sucked. (Have I mentioned how much losing sucks?) But there are usually highlights, even in a loss. Gary Sheffield is the most consistant hitter the Yankees have. Whether winning or losing, he will come through. Another homerun for Shef. Another reason for MVP consideration. A highlight play for Matsui, robbing Hunter of a homer, (payback for all those he takes away) and Bernie breaking up the no-hitter in the 4th, two more reasons for solace. Tonight Moose returns (finally!) and it's televised on ESPN. Something to look forward to.

Looks like the Orioles are playing themselves back into mediocrity again. The A's are making them look pretty bad. Now they lost Roberts and Hairston to injury. (Hopefully not serious. I hate to see injuries, with the possible exception of Boston players, depending on who.)

And how 'bout Teixeira hitting for the cycle! Just once I'd like to be watching a game where someone does that. It's got to be exciting.

Bonds hit 2 more homeruns last night. It amazes me how few opportunities he has to swing, but how well he takes advantage when he gets the chance. He is a great hitter. I'm not a big fan, but you have to respect his ability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know that Brian Roberts has got to be one the best young players that the O's have. I was at a game a couple of weeks ago when they played the Twins and Roberts impressed the hell out of me. And for a man of his size...huh? Didn't know that men that short had talents like that. Are you short yankeebob? I bet you are.