Friday, August 13, 2004

Governor Jim McGreevey

So the Governor of N.J. quits, admitting he had an affair with a man. Shocking? Maybe. I'm more curious as to why government officials always seem to quit their jobs when something controversial happens. They're not actually heading off the controversy at the pass, so to speak. Maybe someone can help enlighten me as to how this story affects his job performance? I just can't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't just quit my job because of something in my personal life. Maybe he did something during business hours and he doesn't want it to be public? He's 'out' anyway, so what more is there to be afraid of? (Now I wonder what hours Governors keep. Probably long hours.) I don't get it.

1 comment:

peachy said...

I think they quit because they are SO ashamed that the public found out what they had been doing for so many years. I don't really understand why they quit either. You would think that sooner or later someone is going to find out. On the other hand, I guess they think that if people know about their private lives, they will no longer get votes, money, support, so they figure they might as well quit.
If I was ever in this situation, I would keep my job until someone made me leave.