Saturday, August 07, 2004

Banner Day In Baseball

I have to say, it's been a good day for Baseball. First, and most importantly, the Yankees won again behind the great pitching of El Duque. It's amazing what good pitching will do for a team. The boys are on a roll and life is good!

Greg Maddux got his 300th win today. Good for him. I don't mind the Cubs winning. It's kinda cool to be able to watch Nomar play for a decent team. I'm glad he's out of Boston so I can root for him, not against him. (Unless they get lucky enough to face New York in the series this year, of course.)

Speaking of the Yankees next opponent in the series, right now it looks like St. Loius is the best in the N.L. They don't seem to have any weaknesses. Now Larry Walker is a Cardinal. What are they trying to do, score 15 runs a game?

And what's up with Texas? Losing twice to the Orioles. I don't really like Texas. I'm just in support of any team that will keep Boston out of the postseason and they are currently ahead in the wildcard. I don't think my heart could take another Yankees/Sox postseason series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know yankeebob...I kinda of like this John Hartman fellow. Seems he has his head in the right place, unlike yourself.

Drummerboy