Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Stuff I Just don't Get - Round 2

More of the stuff that I don't get.....

- Those big shiny balls on pedestals that people put in their yards.

What the heck are they for? Maybe a signal to the alien ships overhead?

-Beatles Fans

The Beatles music is the most boring ever. What prompts people to like them so much? I do like a few (very few) of their songs, but for the most part, I can't stand them. I'm told that their success is mostly due to the era they emerged. I can see that. But look at their solo careers. Paul was still boring, especially after Wings. John was the worst. The most interesting guy is Ringo. Check out the movie Caveman. It's great.

- Excessive body piercing.

The eyebrow piercing looks painful, but not too ugly. The nose piercing is just strange. Isn't that a booger catcher? The tongue one seems dangerous. If that thing comes loose and is swallowed, you could perforate the stomach. (Maybe it's more secure than it seems?) The belly piercing is very sexy. My personal favorite. (On a woman, that is.) The boobs, well that just looks uncomfortable. As for the genitals, I think those are the most dangerous. Certainly during a passionate moment, you don't want to get poked by a metal object. (I mean an unplanned poke, for you kinky folks.)

-Those little cars with the funny sounding mufflers.

There are a lot of these things roaming the streets. You can tell when you are sitting next to them at a stoplight. They seem to be bubbling, from the sound. When they accelerate, it's like the thing breaks wind to get started. Fart and start, I guess. They just sound like the muffler is bad. Along with the muffler, a lot of these cars have one of those home-made looking spoilers/wings (whatever) attached to the trunk. They look like someone made them in their basement and screwed it onto the car. Some are at least a foot higher than the roof. Weird.

2 comments:

peachy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
peachy said...

If you were a Beatle, I bet you wouldn't mind the fans. :)

PS. My nose is pierced.