Friday, August 20, 2004

Yankees Secret Weapon

Last night was awesome! Not the bullpen, which had an off night and tried to give the game away, but the boys came back in true Yankee style. Never give up. Never quit.

Sheffield is the MVP of the league. Who can dispute that? Sure is good to see A-Rod back, too. This team is so exciting. You never know what will happen. You can't stop watching before the last out. Give them one more out and you could pay for it. Matsui is still coming through in the clutch. I love it best when they beat someones closer. Very satisfying!

I think the only worrisome area is that the bullpen looks a little tired at this point. The dog days of August are here and fatigue sets in. But come September and October, they will be pumped. Hopefully the rest will come for them in late September.

I love this quote:"I just [stunk] today," Quantrill said. "I didn't get my job done, and that's the only reason the game was in jeopardy." (See the Yankee website) You just have to appreciate that kind of honest assessment.

For the dog days, I've broken out The Secret Weapon. My lucky Yankee shirt that I used to wear every Friday, without fail, during the 1998 & 1999 seasons. It's not quite dark blue anymore. It keeps needing repair around the NY emblem and shoulder emblem, but it never fails the Yanks, so I'll nurse it through the remainder of the season. I know for sure that stuff like my lucky shirt will help the team (don't we all know lucky charms work?), so I'll be pitching in a little extra from now on.


No comments: