Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Well, yesterday wasn't the day. The Yankees didn't get the sweep we were hoping for, thanks in part to 2 errors. (Note: Lofton in right field?) Loaiza still isn't solid. Looks like the bullpen/long relief is in his future? Could be if Lieber continues his streak. No complaints, though. If we continue to win 3 out of 4, this will be a pretty good year. Look out tonight. Kevin Brown is pitching in Texas. Should be a good one.

How about Texas. The Orioles whipped them pretty bad. Their weakness (pitching) sure has been showing up lately. Not to mention the change in the Orioles since Ray Miller was brought back. If the O's keep rolling like this, hello wildcard. I hope so. I'd love to have the Yankees play them in the postseason. I'm no O's fan, to be sure. But there are some guys on their team I like. (Roberts, Lopez, Palmeiro, Surhoff.) Besides, I work within sight of Camden Yards. The Yankees knocking Baltimore out of postseason would give me serious bragging rights. That would be fun.

One more thought. For the future, watch for Tampa Bay. They are young and good and will only get better. Lou will make sure of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know "yankeebob"? I'm really starting to get the shits of you and your precious yankees and your hate for the O's. If it was my choice I'd send to to New York in a box with a "Don't shake contents" sticker on it. Don't want you brain to be anymore rattled then it already is. I guess you don't like the Redskins either, huh? What ashame.

Signed, long time O's and Redskins fan.

p.s. your an asswipe!!