Wednesday, August 25, 2004

So I heard Donald Trump this morning on the radio talking about the new Yankee Stadium plan. He praised George Steinbrenner for agreeing to pay for it. I guess I'm disappointed that he didn't go off and say that we don't need a new stadium. I guess I'm disappointed that anyone would want that to see a new stadium. I can see the benefit to the business end of it, but still, the history inside 'the house that Ruth built', you can't replace that.

It sure sounds like this thing might become a reality. If it does, having the Yankees pay for the stadium is pretty cool. Then you won't have to hear about how the taxpayers got the bill again. (Most new stadiums are funded partially or totally through taxpayers like you and me.) If it does, you can bet it will be awesome. George won't want to leave behind a mediocre token of his reign, that's for sure.

No comments: