Friday, August 13, 2004

El Duque Is The Man!

Well if there was any doubt about Orlando Hernandez it has to be gone now. The guy is still undefeated this year. Granted, 5-0 isn't a world of wins, but the way he's been pitching reminds me of 1998. Looks like the health problems are past? Let's hope it stays that way. We all know his record in the post season.

Winning 2 of 3 in Texas is big. Even though they've been OK in recent years, I still hate to see the boys go to Texas. I guess it's left over feelings from the Johnny Oates years when they had such a hard time winning there during the regular season. (Of course, post season play is a different matter.)

Besides all that, I love to see them whip Scott Erickson. The only time I ever got to Yankee Stadium he was pitching for the Orioles and beat the Yanks 4-0. Yes indeed, I hold grudges. Like these: I'm still still not over the Angels series. Still not over game 7 against the Diamondbacks. (Mo on the mound with a lead in the 9th in game 7 and still not winning? Still freaks me out!) Still not over the Marlins series. So many chances, so little execution. Some day we'll get the payback required to help forget these unnatural occurances.

Forget? Maybe.

No comments: