Friday, September 16, 2005

BS Friday

Welcome once again to BS Friday. I'll tell it and you tell me if it's true or just BS. Today’s story is called: Aren’t Discount Coupons Good Forever?

Not long ago I went to return few items to Lowe's that we didn't need. 3 Locks that we decided not to use in lieu of what the Locksmith recommended. While I was in line, an irate man was tying up the place, talking really loud (almost yelling) at the clerk about something. He kept getting louder and louder and then came the swearing and personal insults against the poor Lowe's worker.

Soon another Lowe's person came up and tried to calm him down and when that didn't work, the Manager finally showed up. All this time the people in line were bitching and complaining about how long it was taking or they were going to other lines, but not me. I was totally amused for some reason. I stayed for the show. It didn't take long until I was next to the yelling guy, so I naturally started to understand what his problem was.

He had a 10% off coupon that had expired in May and he wanted them to honor it still. (It was August!) He did have a big load of stuff, but c'mon dude! That thing was 3 months past usable. He insisted that they had allowed this type of thing before. He also claimed that he had called and someone had said he could still use the coupon. Conveniently, he didn't get a name.

Well, they went on for a while and he finally looked me in the face and said, "Can you believe the s%$#?" I just started laughing and told him I was amazed that he even thought for a moment that a 3 month old coupon should be honored. That did it! He was even more irate and started yelling about the Lowe's management being crooked and yada...yada....yada... I just stood there smiling, enjoying the show.

Finally, he gave up. He left without any of his stuff saying he would never be back. I was sure that the store personnel were real sad about that.

No comments: