Tuesday, September 06, 2005

In Defense Of Me

Before anyone gets a really bad impression due to the recent BS Friday revelations, I just want to clear a few things up.

First, I am not a pop music fan nor have I ever been much of one. I don't have any music by Debbie Gibson or Tiffany. I do remember having a cassette single (remember those?) by Debbie a long time ago though. The only thing I have from those days is a wall poster of DG that I don't remember where it came from but I intend on keeping and framing for my cool new basement wall. (Yes, that was a joke. I won't be framing it.)

Second, I have quite a large collection of celebrity autographs. I have been collecting them for a few years. Some I pay for and some I receive via direct/indirect communication with celebrities. The reason I came across the Deborah pic was that I was sipmly checking out something on Ebay and there it was. Of course, once I saw it, I couldn't resist the urge. I'm like that. It's that 80's thing that gets me going the most. I had a pretty kick-ass decade back then. ;) I didn't go looking for her or anything. I just found the pic and that made me think of Tiffany.

Ah, the way the mind works.

So, for those who were disappointed and thought I was becoming an uber-geek, don't fret. I'm just a little geeky sometimes.

But you know, these days, geeks are cool!

That's something to think about.

No comments: