Monday, September 19, 2005

Whatever

So, it's Monday morning again. Yippee. The weekends do fly by, don't they? This weekend was no exception. The best part for me was getting my house back into some kind of decent order. Soon, all the dumb stuff will be done and I'll quit my crying.

I did manage to get together with my friends for a poker game on Saturday. I lost, but I don't play to win anyway. I go just for the social part of it. I get bored anyway, especially with Texas Hold'em. (Did I spell that right?) I'm still learning that game, but I can see myself having concentration problems with it no matter how good I get. I'm the type of person who will play poker properly for a while but then I get tired of waiting for something good to show up in my hand(s) and I'll start getting adventurous. Trying to make hands miraculously happen doesn't usually work in poker. Sometimes you get lucky but mostly you just spend money. My short attention span gets me every time and I start doing dumb stuff just to try and keep it interesting.

I heard something this morning I thought was funny. A local city had a j-walking sting type of operation going. Kinda like a sobriety checkpoint but for j-walkers. They gave out a bunch of tickets too. That idea in itself makes me smile but the best part was that they got one guy for j-walking and he also got busted for marijuana. Imagine that one in the lock-up. The dude is acting all cool with the other cons, "Yeah, they got me for pot." They are all feeling camaraderie then one asks how they busted him. He quietly and quickly quips, as he's looking away, "When I was j-walking." That would end his good impression, I'm sure. It's a different thing to get busted in a drug sting but to get it while breaking the city ordnance for walking on the street? Bummer for him.

Anyway, it's Monday. Hmm... I think I've said that already. Whatever.

OK, good morning to all. Coffee Marge... large coffee...

No comments: