Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Chowder

Recently Peachy and I were talking about a show she had watched. It was about a Chowder Cookoff somewhere in the northeast, I think. It made me hungry for some good chowder. But that's not my point right now.

This thought keeps coming back to me; how does one sit and watch a show dedicated to chowder? A whole show dedicated to nothing but a chowder cookoff.

I was trying to think of any time when I was younger and I sat and watched anything about cooking. Never. Can you imagine trying to get a kid to watch that show? I promise you that if someone had suggested to my friends and I that we watch that, we wouldn't have even considered it. Not when we were young. We would have run away laughing at the 'old fuddy-duddy' and their old people show. Now, I find myself curious about it.

Maybe I'm old now? If so, does being old(er) and interested in cooking shows mean that I am boring? Probably to a kid it does. Maybe it means that I am a more well rounded person. Wouldn't that mean I'm more interesting?

I dunno. Maybe it just means that I am craving some chowder.

No comments: